An Intrinsically Safe Solution for Workforce Visibility and Resource Optimization
Development of Triax’s Intrinsically Safe hardware is the product of a significant engineering and certification process that meets the most stringent safety requirements globally. These first-of-their-kind products have been engineered to operate in hazardous workplace environments, including within confined spaces, that require rigorous engineering controls to prevent accidents and keep workers safe. Spot-r and Proximity Trace wearables and sensors are certified with a Class I, Division 1 Intrinsic Safety rating.
What is “Intrinsic Safety”?
Intrinsic safety (IS) is an engineering control for the most hazardous workplace environments. We engineered our IS devices to limit the possibility of ignition in environments where there are flammable gases or particles that present a dire hazard to workers. Being an IS IoT connected workplace solution, we are now able to connect all workers on site, no matter where they are working.
Triax products are rated for Class I, Division 1 (CI, D1) locations. This means they can operate in areas where there are ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, flammable liquid-produced vapors, or combustible liquid-produced vapors that exist under normal operating conditions such as confined spaces.
Hazardous environments requiring intrinsically safe devices can include oil refineries, mining, paint manufacturing, distilling, chemical plants, and spray booths. Flammable vapors and gases are the main safety issue in these industrial scenarios, and when they mix with oxygen in the air, they can establish an explosion-prone environment. Food processing factories, grain handling facilities, recycling operations, and even flour mills generate combustible dust, which is why these are hazardous locations too.
With Spot-r, we’ve been able to streamline our operations, eliminate workflow bottlenecks, and measure our crews’ productivity levels. We’re excited about the availability of the Intrinsically Safe solution, so we can bring these benefits to sites that require IS controls in hazardous areas.
- A workforce management and visibility solution
- The Spot-r Clip provides a direct line of communication for workers to report injuries, safety incidents, and hazards with push-button functionality
- Identify zone-based worker location to improve injury response time by over 90%
- Automate time and attendance for a streamlined check in/check out process
- A proximity alert and contact tracing solution
- Active feedback, in the form of a visual and audible alarm, so individuals know when to adjust their current distance to a proper social distance
- Passive collection of worker interactions for contact tracing should an individual test positive
- The main device of Proximity Trace, the TraceTag™, is worn on the body or affixed to a hardhat