Last Modified: January 7, 2019
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services including:
- We collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, employee ID number, or other information that is submitted to us by the Customer’s administrator (“Admin”) or you submit to us (collectively, "personal information");
- We collect information through your use of the Services, including location data for your use of the Hardware. We collect location data based on our maps of the construction site or location, along with your position based on the Hardware’s connection with an on-site mesh network. Your location is not tracked via GPS and cannot be tracked once you are out of range of the on-site mesh network.
- We collect information through your use of the Services that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- We collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, purchasing our products, subscribing to our services, signing up for an event or webinar, or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data based on IP address, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, device type, identifiers of your devices, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For information about managing your privacy and security settings for automatic data collection technologies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information in order to provide, improve, promote, and protect the Services. We also collect and use personal information for our legitimate business needs. To the extent we process your personal information for other purposes, we or our trusted third-party partners will ask for your consent. A non-exhaustive list of the ways we use your information include:
- To present our Website and Software and its contents to you.
- To collect information from the Hardware devices.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our Customer and their Admins. Your End User Account and use of the Hardware without having created an End User Account is subject to our Customer’s control. The Customer’s Admin will have access to any information or content that you submit to the Services, any information that is collected from Hardware you are using or Hardware that is attached to equipment you are using (e.g., your location), and any information about your activity using the Services. The Customer may also disable your End User Account without our involvement.
- To third parties (e.g., Customer’s insurance provider) at Customer’s request.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To trusted third-party service providers we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To a third-party service as instructed by you or an Admin.
- To other users with respect to User Contributions.
- To third parties if we determine such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury, (c) prevent fraud, abuse, or security issues on our Services, (d) to protect our or our licensor’s rights, property, safety, or interest, or (e) to enforce our agreements with you or the Customer.
- With your consent.
- To find out more about how Google uses information when you visit a website that uses Google Analytics, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You may also find more information about how to control cookies and opt out of receiving tailored advertising from the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out. You are responsible for choices you make regarding these mechanisms.
- To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, please visit the Macromedia site.
- HTML5 LSOs can be managed using browser tools and settings.
We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share or disclose some or all of our assets, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, divestiture, reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or liquidation.
If you have a user account with our Services, you can review and change your personal information by logging into our Services and visiting your account profile page. If you do not have a user account with our Services, you should direct any inquiries into reviewing and changing your personal information to our Customer.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through our Services. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Contributions from our Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 18 Marshall St. Suite 340 Norwalk, CT 06855.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on the Services or on or through any of their features, register on our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or 203-803-9879.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure (for example, you believe your user account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the Contact Information section below.