- With vast worksites that expand across multiple floors, buildings and acres it’s hard to have eyes on everything
- Are all trades in the correct locations?
- Are all workers who should be on site, actually there?
- Do you have the number of workers on site required to keep you on schedule?
Allocate dedicated employees who are constantly walking the worksite and checking in with each trade or group.
Rely on foremen or crew leaders to provide daily manpower reports.
It’s impossible to know everything that’s happening on site at one time.
- The Spot-r Dashboard provides a real-time snapshot of the worksite
- Toggle by trade/company to see who’s currently on site and give a full picture of your available manpower
- Automate daily reporting with automatic worker time and attendance collection
- Utilize Spot-r POI Tags as check-in stations for remote work
- Worker has a medical emergency.
- Worker falls comprise approximately one-third of all on-the-job fatalities.
- Worker notices an unsafe work condition.
- Construction sites do not have evacuation systems in place like fixed facilities.
In the event of an injury or accident, the injured worker often is reliant upon someone nearby witnessing the incident and alerting a supervisor.
The best practice for alerting workers to an emergency that requires evacuation is to blow an airhorn to make sure the site’s clear.
- Being able to respond quickly to these events is paramount
- The Spot-r Clip offers free-fall detection capabilities
- Push-button on individual clips triggered by the worker will alert superintendent or safety manager in real-time
- Spot-r EvacTags throughout site alert workers to clear the site in the event of an emergency.
- Real-time visibility of worker location allows you to monitor evacuation progress of your workforce
- Spot-r has been shown to reduce evacuation times by up to 72%.
- Multiple site access points
- Conducting work on occupied buildings, like residential, healthcare or educational facilities
- Securing materials and supplies
Hire security to man or patrol access points to entry points or occupied areas of buildings.
See a worker on a piece of equipment and happen to know they are not certified for that machinery.
- Access Control provides practical site security by controlling and managing who is allowed on site
- POI Tags at access points and areas of interest (such as materials laydown yards; access points to operational school/hospital facilities) act as a set of eyes on the location and alert when a worker is in the vicinity
- Historically, checking workers onto a site is a time-consuming process
- In some cases, reliant on foremen reporting hours worked – no way to verify this information
- Daily reporting is a highly manual process
- No way of knowing where workers are spending time throughout the day
- Worker arrives at site, through controlled access point (turnstile) or not. The Spot-r system automatically checks them in.
- Worker leaves the site or exits through turnstile (for controlled access sites), either at break or at end of day, and they are clocked “out”.
- Alternatively, clips can be assigned on a daily basis. In this case, workers have a barcode sticker added to their helmet at the start of the project. Assigning a clip is as easy as scanning the helmet barcode, then scanning the clip barcode.
Identify productivity levels of workers and crews by classifying productive and unproductive zones
- Worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Worker doesn’t remember who they worked with and for how long on a given date
- Worker needs help keeping 6-ft distance from other workers
Allocate manpower to constantly walk the worksite to correct workers who are not maintaining 6-ft distances
Rely on worker memory for manual contact tracing which can take days to complete on larger worksites
Proximity Trace Solution:
- TraceTag provides active audible feedback to workers within close proximity of each other
- Passive collection of worker interactions as well as duration over a 24hr period
- Easy to use dashboard with instant historical contact tracing reports
- In many energy and industrial settings there are small, remote workforces dispatched across a facility or site that are largely working alone.
- No way of knowing where they’re located or if they experience a fall or other type of injury that leaves them immobile.
Communicate via walkie talkie
Supervisor goes to last-known location of worker if unable to contact
- Real-time worker location across worksite
- Spot-r POI Tags can be placed as check-in beacons at each work area
The Spot-r Clip offers free-fall detection capabilities
Worker-generated injury, incident, and hazard alerts
- POI Tags can keep you informed of when workers enter confined spaces or hazardous areas