WASHINGTON, March 14—Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is bringing the technologies that are about to transform the construction industry to contractors from around the country at ABC Convention 2018 in Long Beach, Calif. next week.
Who: Matt Abeles, CEO of BuiltWorlds, the digital media partner for ABC Convention 2018. Abeles is a leading innovator who helps construction industry clients position themselves as early adopters of the most relevant and decisive technology. He thoroughly understands how the latest “toys” are propelling the building industry into the future.
What: Abeles will conduct a dynamic presentation on the disruptive technologies contractors are beginning to embrace in order to stay competitive. In addition, BuiltWorlds will showcase technologies that convention attendees can see and feel to inspire conversations about new possibilities and bright ideas at the “Tech Toy Chest.”
Tech toys from BuiltWorlds’ network of innovative companies featured in these presentations include:
- DroneDeploy – cloud-based drone mapping software that allows customers to collect and analyze aerial data using any type of drone.
- Ekso Bionics® – one of the worldwide pioneers in robotic exoskeletons, and United Rentals, will show how their partnership is making construction faster, easier and safer.
- NoteVault – enabling quick construction data and incident report creation via voice on mobile phones.
- RealWear – the world’s first real voice-driven and fully rugged head-mounted tablet solution for industrial workers.
- Triax Technologies – addresses safety challenges by creating wearable sensors that collect and transmit real-time workforce hazard and safety data.
- Uplift Data Partners – utilizes a drone pilot network and turnkey data service to analyze aerial data to prevent rework, reduce waste, increase safety and improve margins.
- VIATechnik – the latest virtual reality software to make construction projects come to life.
- XOi Technologies – intelligent field service communications platform empowers technicians to solve problems faster, improve training and increase the bottom line.
When: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT
10:30 a.m. – Matt Abeles session on disruptive technology
12 p.m. – “Tech Toy Chest” interactive exhibit
Where: Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, 300 East Ocean Boulevard.
ABC Convention 2018 is closed to the public. Media attendees must RSVP to Donna Reichle, ABC senior director of public affairs, at (202) 595-1782 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association established in 1950 that represents more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.