NORWALK, Conn., Oct. 22, 2018 – Triax Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of technology for the connected jobsite, today announced that it has recently garnered six industry awards, including Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Magazine’s tenth annual New Product of the Year award and a 2018 IoT Innovator award from IoT Magazine.
“We’re honored to be recognized by the industry for our commitment to bringing innovation and IoT technology to improve safety and visibility on the jobsite,” said Pete Schermerhorn, president and CEO, Triax Technologies. “It’s rewarding to see how the adoption of IoT technology is changing the way construction firms work, helping to make jobsites safer and smarter.”
Following is Triax’s recent awards recognition:
- The OH&S award honors new products that stand out in improving workplace safety. The Spot-r EvacTag was selected by the publication as the new product of the year in the Emergency Response category for enabling fast and safe jobsite evacuations in an emergency through flashing, high-decibel construction-specific alarms, which have been shown to reduce evacuation times by 72 percent.
According to OH&S Editor Jerry Laws, “The judges’ scores in our tenth annual New Product of the Year contest were extremely close, and all of the products entered this year earned very high marks from them.”
- Triax Technologies was selected as the Gold winner for the Best IoT Service – Commercial and Industrial from IoT Innovator Magazine for changing the way contractors manage resources, safety and risk across their project portfolios.
Kim Kay, editor-in-chief of IoT Innovator, said, “Every year, our judging panel finds it increasingly difficult to whittle down the list of applicants and this year is no exception. Our 2018 finalists and winners are continuously raising the bar when it comes to connecting billions of devices in a truly transformative way.”
- Spot-r EquipTag was named one of Equipment Today’s 2018 Contractors Top 50 Products by construction equipment owners and end users. The IoT equipment sensor is the first-of-its-kind non-GPS solution to track operator identity, equipment location and utilization without restrictions such as indoor/outdoor location or equipment size.
- Gilbane Building Company was named as a Constructech Magazine’s 2018 Vision Awards Gold winner in the Builder/GC Commercial for its usage of Spot-r technology to improve worker safety and productivity with Triax as the “Technology Enabler.”
- The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of CT recognized Chad Hollingsworth, founder of Triax Technologies, as finalist for Supplier/Provider of the Year for exceptional achievement during its 2018 Industry Recognition Awards.
- Triax Technologies received second-place in Hartford Business Journal’s Outstanding Family Business awards (in the 25-75 full-time employees category) for its work in developing intelligent, innovative technology to help lead construction’s transformation and its commitment to the Connecticut community.
About Triax Technologies