In the Time of COVID-19 – How Will You Maintain Safe Working Distances?
Businesses are facing significant challenges in maintaining social distancing guidelines and they lack real-time insight into whether these guidelines are being observed in their facilities.
Leveraging our commercial solution for workforce monitoring we have developed a proximity alert and contact tracing solution – Proximity Trace – to address two key areas of assistance:
- Active feedback to the worker, in the form of a visual and audible alarm, so individuals know when to adjust their current distance to a proper social distance
- Passive collection of worker interactions for contact tracing should an individual test positive
The main device of Proximity Trace, the TraceTag™, is affixed to any hardhat or worn on the body for proximity detection and contact tracing. Together we can keep people safer by maintaining social distances in the workplace and help support organizations’ strategies for getting back to work.
Being able to properly comply with social distancing guidelines is critical to containing and slowing the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, having a log of all worker interactions for contact tracing, in the event that a worker is diagnosed with COVID-19, will help to accelerate the process for further containment and isolation.
Proximity Trace At-a-Glance
- TraceTag is affixed to a hardhat or can be worn on the body
- TraceTags will emit a real-time alert when workers are in close proximity
- Gateways collect worker interactions, including duration
- Self-service contact tracing reports for download
- No dependency on client WIFI or internet
- No GPS or off-site location tracking
- No location data
- Available with Class I Division 2 Intrinsic Safety Rating
Our laborers are union ironworkers and operators, and it’s been just extremely well received. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that they feel that their health is important to us. We’re doing this in the best interest of keeping them healthy, which is always the goal of our company.
We’re rolling this out at our active sites and we’re excited about the role it could play in keeping workers safer at those sites as well as non-essential sites as we begin returning those to full operational status in the months to come.
COST OF A CONSTRUCTION SITE SHUTDOWN DUE TO COVID-19
Proximity Trace in Action
What Is Contact Tracing?
Contact tracing is the process of identifying who an individual, with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or other virus), came in contact with over a period of time. The CDC, ECDC, and NY DOH all cite a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing as a key effort in flattening the curve and minimizing the spread of COVID-19. The ECDC further classifies by time of exposure with a key threshold of > 15 minutes in a day. We can help maintain social distancing in a work environment and support contact tracing efforts to identify “Subject 1” candidates who have been in contact with “Subject 0” to help target and prioritize, but not replace traditional mechanisms of confirmation.
Confirmed infected individual
Close contact of subject 0
Close contact of subject 1
Being within a 6 feet proximity for 15min