Automate your OSHA COVID-19 compliance process with Triax Technologies.
OSHA has issued a new Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) for COVID-19. It mandates that all businesses with 100 employees or more must have each worker provide documentation showing proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or submit to weekly testing. Organizations will have to develop, implement, and enforce a policy for all employees on site, along with a reporting structure to monitor compliance.
According to the ETS, employers will need to fulfill several conditions or face severe fines of up to $136,532 per infraction.
These conditions include:
- Mandate the COVID-19 vaccine or require employees to test weekly.
- Obtain proof of vaccination, create a list showing the vaccination status of each employee and maintain these records.
- Provide employees with PTO to receive each vaccine dose and offer paid sick leave to recover from any side effects.
- Ensure each employee who is not fully vaccinated is tested at least weekly (if on-site at least once a week) or within seven days before returning to work (if away from the workplace for a week or longer).
HOW YOUR BUSINESS CAN COMPLY – THE HARD WAY
There are two immediate options a business can employ to comply with this mandate:
- Lay-off or furlough all non-vaccinated staff to simplify compliance.
- Implement an access control method at every worksite entrance.
On the face of it, establishing work place access control manually is fairly easy to implement: give an employee a clipboard and have them check off every worker’s name who comes into the work place, verifying that they are eligible for entry.
However, this carries costs and risk.
To have one person working full time covering a singular entrance over 6 months will cost about $36,000 in salary and risk overhead. Plus, there’s always the chance that human error can cost your company more than $130,000 in fines.
HOW YOUR BUSINESS CAN COMPLY – THE SMART WAY
When you’re looking at repetitive and painstaking tasks that demands accuracy and a human isn’t sufficient, the easy answer is always to automate.
Good news: that’s what we do.
Our vaccine compliance management solution lets every worker upload their applicable documentation to the cloud, granting them access to enter the worksite automatically.
Supervisors receive real-time notifications for each check-in, giving them the ability to react immediately for any issues.
This decreases the cost to manage compliance with OSHA’s COVID-19 ETS by at least 30%, reduces administrative overhead, and completely eliminates the risk of human error from the process, saving your business hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.
Talk to one of our experts to learn how you can better manage your COVID-19 vaccine and testing compliance with digital automation.